Monday 18 July 2011

Vivienne Westwood and Marie Claire for PEOPLE TREE




Vivienne Westwood designs exclusive dress for
Marie Claire’s global Rainforest Appeal

For the first time ever, an international designer (Vivienne Westwood) and an international fashion magazine (Marie Claire) have joined forces, to launch an exciting global project that both drives awareness of deforestation and influences the current trend of up-cycling your clothes.
In Vivienne’s words ‘Buy less, choose well’.


Rainforests play a vital role in maintaining a stable global climate and environment; they are vital to the survival of all 7 billion of us. Deforestation is one of the largest contributors to climate change. Forests are on the global agenda; the UN General Assembly has declared the year 2011 as the International year of Forests.

To mark this year of change, Vivienne Westwood has designed a limited edition T-shirt dress exclusively for Marie Claire international readers. Not only does this eco friendly T-shirt dress empower any Fashionista, all proceeds from the sale of the T-shirt dress will support the forest tribes in Bangladesh, whose lives and livelihoods have been endangered by deforestation.

This global collaboration will combine the sale of the T-shirt dress with a special Rainforest editorial section (Guest Editor, Vivienne Westwood), which will be published in 24 editions of Marie Claire from May 2011.
To produce and sell the T-shirt dress online Marie Claire and Vivienne Westwood have partnered with the Fair Trade organisation People Tree.  People Tree only uses 100% organic fair trade cotton and all their clothes are made entirely by hand, helping to create livelihoods for disadvantaged groups in Bangladesh, India and Nepal.

Buy this Vivienne Westwood Limited Edition T-shirt dress for only £28 from www.peopletree.co.uk and £7 from each sale will help support Forest Tribes.

 I meant to make a post about this way sooner in May because I had bought this dress and got it on my birthday in June. I was going to take photos of me wearing it but I never got round to it so now I don't think I'll bother. Anyway, as you can see the model in the photo is wearing it and it's so cool!

It's pretty oversized so it can fit people of different sizes as there is only one size but it fits just fine and is comfortable also. It's covered with different little designs that is all of Vivienne's creations and it's so unique and quirky. Definitely worth £28!
I'm so happy to support this cause as I think it's so great! Save the rainforests <3

xoxo

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Tell me what you think of my latest post below, I'll most likely reply to all. And I will do my best to comment back on your blog if you have one <3

.post-body img,.Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { border: 0; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1); }